Are you on a quest to find the best pain relieving patches for neck and back Pain?
Then you’re in the right place. Because I have done the hard work for you and have reviewed dozens of models.
In addition, I will introduce the following related topics.
- Product Details (Including advantages and disadvantages)
- Benefits of Pain Relieving Patches
- Pain Relieving Patches for Neck & Back Pain Buyer’s Guide
I will also answer some common questions.
- What is a Pain Relief Patch?
- How do Pain Relief Patches Work?
Without further ado, let’s begin!
Work play and the procession of age can do a number on our bodies and it is only natural to feel aches and pains from time to time. Carpal tunnel syndrome, back pain, arthritis and even strains from work and play can interfere with productivity and performance on a professional and academic level.
Topical relief applications are some of the best solutions to the problem with aches and pains experience everywhere. One of the best solutions in this category is the OTC pain relief patch that can provide instant pain relief to some of the worst discomforts of the body.
Unlike prescription pain patches, OTC relief patches provide direct relief to an affected area of the body and a time-release treatment that can keep you going and productive all day.
These are even better than the topical ointment option which can be messy, uncomfortable and even produce a noticeable odor that permeates the air around you. Modern advances in medication has produced the most covert pain relief patches that can’t be detected by smell. They are even discreet enough to be worn at work or play in close proximity to your associates.
Benefits of Pain Relieving Patches
- No need to saturate your digestive and circulatory systems with powerful pain relievers.
- Without having to ingest naproxen, ibuprofen, acetaminophen or aspirin, there is no need to worry about the harsh effects these medications can have on the digestive system and stomach.
- Pain patches don’t share the same negative side effects associated with pain medications. Some of which include liver damage or kidney damage. Those who prefer not taking pills can also enjoy effective pain relief.
- No need to wait around for the potency of a pill to take effect. Pain relief from a patch is instantaneous.
- Many users also report the effect of a patch is more durable than with ingested medication.
- Patches are a convenient option when compared to ointments or pills. They are discreet, scentless and make no mess on the clothes.
Best Pain Relieving Patches for Neck & Back Pain Comparison Table
Best Pain Relieving Patches for Neck & Back Pain
- The Salonpas Pain-Relieving Patch
- The Tiger Balm Patch
- Aspercreme Max Strength Pain Relieving Lidocaine Patch
- Solstice Medicine Company Wu Yang Brand Pain Relieving Medicated Plaster
- Icy Hot Smart Relief Back and Hip Starter Kit
1. The Salonpas Pain-Relieving Patch – Editors’ Choice & Best Seller
Do you suffer from joint or muscle pains that can last all day? Are you also a busy person and can’t be bothered with messy ointments and smelly creams that stain clothes? If these are true for you, you need Salonpas Relief Patches.
Salonpas patches are designed to reduce the discomfort of minor strains aches and pains from back aches and bruises to sprains and arthritis. This patch will cover an area of 2.56 X1.65 inches with cool relief from ingredients that include camphor and menthol oils as well as methyl silicate.
The applied patch will transfer these active ingredients through the skin tissue to the nerves and muscles or joints below. The ingredients have been selected for their capacity to block the signals that transmit pain. The applied patch will feel warm or hot at the beginning but gradually the pain relief will be more apparent.
This relief patch is only recommended for those over the age of 12. A single patch can be applied for a full 6 to 12 hours. Nevertheless, those with sensitive skin should consider using it less. If you have a history of allergies to salicylates and aspirin, this is not a good choice for you. Furthermore, the Salonpas Relief Patch should never be applied to broken or damaged skin.
2. The Tiger Balm Patch
- Long lasting proven pain relief formula
- Includes points of interest information
If you have regular pain in the joints of muscles, this is another product that can provide speedy relief. This temporary relief patch can last several hours with uninterrupted comfort.
Hydrogel formulation allows the active ingredients within this patch to be transferred into the skin and inner tissues very quickly. It rapidly enters the local blood circulations and the pain relief is deep and penetrating.
The initial experience of the hydrogel option is warm and instantly soothing. It is also an inconspicuous option and can be worn under thin clothing without announcing it presence in folds and creases. This patch is recommended for those older than 12 and should never be applied to broken and damaged skin.
For best results, apply to clean dry skin
The active ingredients in this patch is menthol. Equally important are the other two ingredients, Capsicum extract, a potent ingredient derived from chili peppers and camphor. The patch is self-adhesive and you will not need to wrap the patch in a binding cloth.
Important Notes: Wash hands immediately after application and avoid touching the eyes or any other sensitive regions. Apply to dry skin only, and only a half hour after bathing. Moisture on the skin can increase the intensity of the ingredients.
3. Aspercreme Max Strength Pain Relieving Lidocaine Patch
- MAXIMUM STRENGTH PAIN RELIEVING PATCHES: Our Maximum strength 4%...
- PAIN NUMBING LIDOCAINE: Aspercreme's patches and creams with lidocaine...
- ASPERCREME PAIN RELIEF: Aspercreme carries a variety of pain relieving...
- A WELL ROUNDED MEDICINE CABINET: When you or a family member is in...
- COMPARE TO OTHER PAIN RELIEF: Compare to products from brands like...
All of the potency you have come to love and respect in Aspercreme, is now available in the patch form and marked The Aspercreme Maximum Strength Lidocaine Patch. This powerful no-mess patch applies more maximum strength formula to pain receptors than any one patch on the market. It also provides a full eight hours of pain relief.
This is perfect for the back, neck and shoulder regions for those with good experiences with Lidocaine Pain Relief. There is also no odor on the patch making it a completely discreet option, even when working in close proximity to other people.
4. Solstice Medicine Company Wu Yang Brand Pain Relieving Medicated Plaster
- A MUST-HAVE TO EASE ACHES AND PAINS: Work, play, and the aging process...
- DIRECT RELIEF TO THE AFFECTED AREA: Unlike pills or prescriptions, Wu...
- ALTERNATIVE REMEDY FOR MINOR ACHES: Pharmaceutical drugs may not be...
- RECOMMENDED FOR SPORTS LOVERS: Wu Yang Brand Pain Relieving Medicated...
- USA VERSION: Wu Yang Brand Pain Relieving Medicated Plaster is...
The Wu Yang Plaster is a highly effective option from the martial arts medicine cabinets of China. The Wu Yang Brand provides cool relief for minor joint and muscle pains and also soothes sprains bruising, backaches and arthritis pains too.
5. Icy Hot Smart Relief Back and Hip Starter Kit
- PORTABLE, AT HOME TENS Pain Relief: Icy Hot's SmartRelief TENS Starter...
- EASY TO USE: Portable, battery powered, & easy to use, SmartRelief...
- ICY HOT PAIN RELIEF: Icy Hot carries a variety of pain relieving...
- A WELL ROUNDED MEDICINE CABINET: When you or a family member is in...
- PAIN RELIEF: Icy Hot offers chronic pain relief for back, joints,...
Smart Relief is a powerful and portable relief for back pain and applies an innovative technology, TENS Technology, to providing total relief to the most chronic back pain and pains associated with arthritis.
TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation and works to inhibit pain signals from reaching the brain by interrupting them with gentle electrical impulses. SmartRelief has been approved by the FDA and is very simplistic. You will not need to do any assembly, wire connections or prescriptions to get full pain relief.
The Icy Hot Smart Relief Tens Therapy Starter Kit includes the reusable electrode, 3V battery and control unit to administer a full 63 levels of pain relief. It is small and hardly noticeable as well, about the size of a credit card it works by attaching to an adhesive patch and running a small electric current through the skin.
This is the very same pain relief you can find in physical therapy centers.
Buyer’s Guide: Important Considerations for Choosing the Perfect Pain Relief Patch
The first thing you will want in an ideal relief patch is quality. If you are purchasing from an online source, you will want to review some customer comments and consumer reviews before deciding if this is the best option for your specific pains.
When you have selected your choice, product be sure to follow the indications and manufacturer’s recommendations for use. This will provide the best results and keep you from possible injuring yourself in the process. For example, tight clothing on top of a pain relief can cause too much medication to be administered in some products. This can cause unintended reactions.
Even though a patch can provide essential relief to a sprain, bruising or similar injury, they should never be applied to broken or damaged skin. Heating relief pads should never be worn with a pain relief patch or immediately after a relief patch has been removed. Doing so can increase the likelihood of skin irritation and possible damage.
While many of these products include natural ingredients and herbal remedies, they are still very potent. Misuse can cause serious problems and should be avoided. Using a patch for too long or interchanging patches with no period for the skin to absorb the chemicals can cause allergic reactions.
As with any other OTC treatment, there are some important considerations to be aware of. Some people have an adverse reaction to aspirin or other pain medications, it would not be advisable for these people to use such a product. Methyl salicylate is another ingredient common in patches and causing allergic reactions. A physician should be consulted before beginning and pain relief treatment with a pain relief patch.
Children the elderly, those on medications and women who are expecting a child should also consider consulting a physician before attempting to address their conditions with a pain relief patch.
If you begin to experience any adverse reactions to the medicated patch you are using, it is important that you discontinue using the patch immediately. If pain persists after application consider changing to a different product, or consulting a physician.
Q: What is a Pain Relief Patch?
A pain relief patch is a small adhesive sheet of material that has been specially treated with certain ingredients. When applied, it provides pain relief to the area.
These can be OTC products or prescription grade products as well. It mostly depends on the medication found inside. OTC products can contain a wide variety of natural products like camphor, menthol, wintergreen or capsaicin. Then there are chemical pain relievers like lidocaine as well.
Relief patches that contain menthol, wintergreen or camphor will provide a cooling effect, which is great for the burning sensations of strained muscles. Others contain capsaicin, which is taken from chili peppers and a close relative to the active ingredient in self-defense pepper spray. As you can imagine a small dose of this can provide a heated sensation that is great for relieving the tight knotted or cramping muscles.
Q: How do Pain Relief Patches Work?
A pain patch essentially distracts the user from the pain they are feeling. This can be accomplished by exciting the nerves near the affected region and causing a different sensation altogether. The patch is transdermal, that means the specially selected ingredients are absorbed through the skin and from there begin to address the aching muscles and joints below. This pain relief is instant, and no time waiting for meds to kick in or rubbing at the affected area is necessary to experience profound relief.
Life can be hectic and straining, but it rarely stops to allows us time to nurse our wounds. This is where the fast-acting pain relief of a OTC patch can put you back in a productive state. Be sure to read the indications carefully and never misuse your pain-relieving patch. This way you can avail yourself of convenient and effective pain relief when you need it most.
Editors’ Choice & Best Seller
I am Lucas. I was once a back pain sufferer, but that is all in the past. I created BestforBackPain.com to help others find relief without going to physical therapy or expensive medical treatments that are often hit or miss.
Last update on 2019-11-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API